CS:GO betting strategies
CS:GO betting strategies
Betting on esports has become increasingly popular over the last few years and of all the games on which punters love to wager, CS:GO has solidly come out on top. This competitive shooter title has been around for almost 20 years, but with the recent rise in esports betting, it has really taken off into the mainstream in a big way. Yet for those who are new to the concept of esports gambling, a raft of questions are raised. Are CSGO gambling sites legal? What kind of bets can be placed? How do I maximize my chances of a win?
If you’re keen to take advantage of this new wagering trend, you’ll need to understand the intricacies of the game in order to give yourself the best chance of success. With this in mind, here is our guide to the best CS:GO betting strategies.
The Basics Of CSGO Betting
There are 3 types of betting associated with CSGO:
- 1.Skins or cosmetic in-game items
- 2.Play money or tokens
- 3.Real money
Many CSGO gambling sites will give you a choice of betting formats on the game. Some of the options include:
- Wagering on the winner of the match
- Wagering on the winner of the tournament
- Pistol rounds
- Fantasy drafts
There are numerous places where you’re able to wager with skins and real money legally in jurisdictions where gambling has been legalized. However, in some places where wagering is illegal tokens and skins are sometimes used as a front for CSGO betting, and it’s important to ensure you’re always wagering in compliance with local laws. If you prefer to wager with skins and in-game items, it’s important to bear in mind that there is very little infrastructure available to secure and back these kinds of transactions. If you earn money from such deals, you’ll also be limited in the way in which you can spend it.
Strategies For Picking Winners
The key to success when picking winners is research. Watch matches, learn what advantages and disadvantages to look for in different players and learning as much as possible about the history of the teams is essential to know who to bet on.
Evaluating a CSGO team should involve the following:
- Checking match predictions
- Examining both teams’ match history
- Checking the current roster of players and their strengths and weaknesses
- The win rate of each team with their current player roster
- The Map pool and the history and abilities with those maps
- Any injuries, slumps, winning streaks or subs
Best CSGO Betting Strategies
If you’re ready to make money from CSGO betting, here is a quick rundown of some of the top betting strategies you may wish to employ:
- The Underdog Strategy - This is a form of value betting strategy. It involves carrying out intensive research into smaller teams then betting on the ones which have been undervalued by the bookmakers.
- Arbitrage Betting – This form of betting involves strategically placing bets on several potential outcomes with different sites that have different odds for one match.
- Kelly Strategy – This determines the amount of bankroll to stake on your bet. You can use an online calculator to work out the maths required.
- The Performance Line – This strategy works particularly well in conjunction with the underdog strategy. You’ll need to check the win/loss ratio by comparing the history of each team in the match. Look at both losses and wins from the last 15 games then divide the wins by losses to obtain the correct ratio. Next, graph the recent trajectory of the team by giving a place down for a loss and a place up for a win. This helps you to see how well the team is performing in recent matches.
General Rules For CSGO Betting
There are some rules which should always apply when betting on CSGO whichever strategy you use. These include:
- Never bet over 10% of your total bankroll – this protects you from the biggest losses while still allowing you to make a positive gain.
- Select matches which you’ve researched and obtain sufficient knowledge about – if you do your research well, you can place well-informed wagers that will give you the most profitable bets.
- Don’t chase losses – just like in any other form of betting, don’t allow your desire to win back the money you’ve lost affect your good judgement.
- Don’t bet if you’re annoyed or angry – never allow emotion to affect your judgement. Successful wagering is based on facts and numbers, not passion.
- The odds are never infallible – there is no such thing as a sure win.
- Have fun -if you don’t love the game, you’ll never be able to commit the necessary time and resources you need to be successful with your wagers. Why wager on something that you don’t enjoy?